Our Subject Experts Service
Our Subject Experts operate around the world and cover over 300 subject areas.
They are experts because of their qualifications and/ or their experience. Both of these are thoroughly validated by us.
The experts provide services to our clients in three ways:
- They provide subject expertise to our mentored clients. When a client has a specific issue they need help with or need an independent skilled view, the mentor calls on a suitable subject expert to ‘meet’ with the mentee to discuss the issue, options open to the mentee and the implications of those options.
- Subject experts will commonly form part of an Advisory Team because of the specific issues faced by the client. Through the Advisory Team, their relationship with the client is longer term and has a much deeper understanding of the client’s context, environment, capabilities, challenges and strategies.
- Our subject experts are also available to be brought into a client to deal with a specific issue or challenge. This may occur outside the mentoring context.
Benefits from Subject Experts
The benefits to the client organization include:
- Enhancement of the management capability through the provision of immediate, expert and independent advice to the client organization;
- Client organisations can quickly access expertise specifically related to their issue, challenge or problem;
- Our experts have both deep industry depth and well as global experience;
- Our experts provide customised solutions and/or strategies that best suit the clients circumstances, character and needs;
- Our experts don’t “sell through the expert but juniors do the job”;
- Experts know best practice, as many have been instrumental in creating it;
- If the client’s solution requires specific technical skills, then our experts either have it or know where to get it;
- Most high-level expert recommendations/solutions require sophisticated change management to operationalise the solution – we can do that too;
- Our experts don’t try to embed their own staff to make money at the client’s expense (and the consultant’s benefit). Our experts are what the client gets – no substitutes;
- Our experts are objective, transparent, honest and aren’t shy – they’re older, more experienced and have already established their careers – they have much more to lose by upsetting us with poor performance for the client than losing the reward they will get from those clients.
Information for Subject Experts
A Subject Expert is a specialist (i.e. expert) in one or more disciplines relating to business and organisations.
The title of “Expert” is one that we determine based on qualifications, experience, achievements and validated testimonials in the expert’s chosen areas of speciality.
We undertake a rigorous process of validating an expert’s credentials before we offer them to our clients.
A mentor can introduce a subject expert as required by the client. The initial one to two-hour discussion between the expert and the client are commonly free of charge.
The client may wish to engage the expert for a project or assignment following the initial discussion. In such a case, any commercial arrangements are between the expert and client. The initial meeting between the expert and the client are not used to sell the expert’s services to the client, but rather to help the client deal with the issues that brought the expert to the table.
The experts provide independent and expert advice to the client. Generally, they present to the client options and an understanding of the implications of those options. They are aware of current thinking on the issues related to their areas of expertise.
Mentors can organise and facilitate intensive confidential workshops to target/solve/brainstorm specific client issues. Experts may be invited to participate in or lead workshops for a fee.