Discover the powerful diagnostic that will help discover the truth
about your business
Click here to know more. Apply the 12 pivot-points today.
Our Diagnostic and Methodology
Like you, we have learned from decades of experience that there are no islands in organisations. When things happen, or don’t happen, there are impacts up and down the organisation.
Therefore, to fix issues, or to undertake change, or to take advantage of opportunities, one needs to understand what happens up and down the organisation in order to successfully deliver objectives.
There are two broad ways clients engage with us: they either have a very specific issue they need resolved, or they have a number of issues and aren’t sure where or how to start.
We have a way of looking at organisations that understands how they think, how they operate, and how to deliver successful outcomes that last.
When clients talk to us about specific issues, we undertake a few tasks to better understand the organisational context and deliver a successful outcome. We:
- Establish clarity over the client’s objective.
- We secure an understanding of the context of the issue within the organisation.
- We clarify the impacts of the issue up and down the organisation.
- We explore the implications of those impacts on relevant stakeholders.
- We then develop a realistic, pragmatic, and workable solution that sits realistically within the client’s context.
- We then develop an Implementation Plan to help the client know what needs to be done, in what sequence, and with what resources, time and cost.
- If the client wishes, we can also manage the implementation and whatever changes are required.
When the client has a number of issues but isn’t sure where or how to start, we apply our methodology.
This research-validated methodology focusses on the 12 key organisational pivots that occur in a sequence and which impact other pivot-points and must be understood to deliver an enduring and robust solution.
The 12 pivot-points we focus on are
- Organisational purpose (either shareholder objectives, or charter or constitutional objectives).
Describes why the organisation exists.
- Organisation’s required outcomes (KPOs, priorities, and strategic direction).
Converts broad purpose statements into measurable performance metrics.
- Market and Operating environments.
Identifies the operating environments from which all performance metrics will be achieved.
- Products and Services (including manufacturing, procurement and product and service-related systems).
Identifies the things that customers will buy in the markets you’ve chosen which will satisfy performance metrics.
- Channels and distribution.
Determines how you will get your products and services to their customers.
- Support systems.
Determines how you will support the customers and intermediaries in all markets to provide an efficient and profitable service.
- Selling and Communication.
Determines how you will approach, offer and secure customer purchase and the messages you will use.
- Human Resources and culture.
Determines the number and types of people you need, and the culture that will engender the mindsets required.
- I.T. systems, procedures and processes.
Determines the systems needed to make it all work.
- Management including structure.
Determines how you will manage and structure the business.
- Finance and other outcomes ($, #, %).
The decisions above are modelled and compared to performance metrics.
- Formal Plans.
When #11 = #2, then formal plans are created that explain and instruct the organisation.
When we identify and clarify the client’s issues, we then bring specific subject experts of ours to the challenge of solving the problem, issue, or opportunity. Our subject experts cover over 300 areas of expertise distributed over the 12 pivot-points. Our experts are located around the world and focus on projects globally.
If you wish to explore the possibility of working with us, then it’s easy.
We meet (face-to-face or digital) to discuss your needs – this is NOT a sales ambush, nor a brainstorming or ideas session. The conversation is between mature professionals to see if we have something that fits your needs.
If we believe we can assist you and based on your needs, we prepare a detailed proposal that we believe, based on the understanding we have gained from you, will satisfy those needs.
If you would like to have the initial discussion to see if A&M can assist you, or if you have any questions about our diagnostic and methodology, please contact Dr Jack Jacoby, the Head of Client Satisfaction at [email protected]
Our Team of Advisors, Experts and Mentors are here to support and guide you.
We will contact you within 24 hours upon receipt of your enquiry.
Advisory & Mentoring Pte Ltd
10 Jalan Besar
#08-06 Sim Lim Tower
WhatsApp +44 7951 198 769
Discover our Diagnostic and Methodology
Unsubscribe at any time.