We want to share a very business insightful article from VOGUE AUSTRALIA and journalist Julia Frank on Tom Ford’s top advice on building a Fashion Brand.
With our Mentors and Experts, we understand, live and breath Fashion and Retail every day.
You have below and in the article from Vogue a great summary that will make your investment in time and money very profitable indeed.
If you need more help, guidance and support or just operations expertise, send us an email at [email protected].
1. “Trust your instincts when it comes to design.”
2. “Never sell a controlling interest in your name. Ever. Ever.”
3. “Decide for you if fashion is an art or an artistic business. This will affect how you set up your company.”
4. “If your president or chief executive officer thinks they know the difference between dark burgundy and aubergine, fire them.”
5. “If you’re designing your own label, then know yourself.”
6. “We have to have genius creative thoughts precisely four times a year and on exact dates.”
7. “You have a voice that can influence contemporary culture as much or more than anything else.”
8. “Know your ideal client — the dream person you design for, your fantasy muse, so to speak.”
9. “If your brand is to have a strong identity, it must come from you and not from a committee.”
10. “Have a five-year plan, a 10-year plan, even a 20-year plan. And possibly an exit strategy.”
11. “Remember that our customers do not need our clothes.”
12. “Try to remain positive. I struggle with this one too.”
13. “Find a great business partner and don’t let them go. This is absolutely key.”
14. “Be thankful to all those who help you on the way up. You won’t get there without them. Cherish them, and don’t forget them.”
Why not finsih with a quote from General George Patton
"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week."